If you are interested in enrolling your child, the first step is a tour of the school. During the tour you will meet the teachers and watch the students in action. You will see the classroom environment and the learning materials and activities that take place. You will hear about our curriculum and our values. After this special visit, you will know if your family’s values are a match with ours here at SWMS. In order for the family and the school community to enter into a partnership for the child, this is a vital prerequisite.
To enroll, please speak with the director to inquire about openings.
Small World Montessori, a private school, admits students of any gender, race, color, creed, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. SWMS does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or discharge policies.
Your child must be within the relevant age parameters to be enrolled in SWMS. You may be required to submit a copy of the child’s birth certificate to the administration office. SWMS requires children entering the Primary program to be using the toilet and out of diapers prior to entrance.
Enrollment preference will be given to families with a firm commitment to Montessori philosophy and who intend to keep their child in the classroom for the full cycle of the program. Classes are multi-age, and the school will make every reasonable effort to balance each class with respect to age and gender.
THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS
- Contact the school by phone or email to schedule an initial tour. The child may or may not be present at the initial tour. However, a visit with the child is necessary before scheduling enrollment.
- Schedule an enrollment meeting with administration to go over the SWMS policies found in the SWMS Parent Handbook. This meeting can be done over the phone if necessary.
- Submit A One Time Application Deposit: A Non-Refundable fee of $50 is due with submission of application. An application is required for addition to the waiting list.
- Complete and submit the necessary documentation:
- Enrollment Form
- Immunization records – This can be faxed to our office (573-437-7968)
- Medical Examination Form – This can be faxed to our office (573-437-7968)
- Birth certificate
- Copies of any custody agreements that pertain to the child.
- Pick Up Authorization – A list of persons who are authorized to pick up the student from the school.
Completed forms can either be
info at swms dot us
or faxed to:
or mailed to:
202 West Monroe Avenue
Owensville, MO 65066